Do you have excess fat in your midriff and hips? How about around your waistline or on the back of your arms? Your Body Types is trying to tell you something.
Whether your body is an apple or pear shape, all Body Type That Stores Fat In Belly are capable of maintaining a healthy body weight with the right diet and exercise modifications. Let’s explore the clues your body type gives on the outside about what’s going on inside, and how to use that information to succeed with diet and exercise.
First, let’s talk about genetics.
Although genetics definitely plays a role in your ability to maintain healthy body weight and succeed with an exercise program, less than 2% of obesity can be excused by genetics alone.
Genetics can dictate your body shape or type, but results are possible for everyone with the right weight management approach.
BODY SHAPES & YOUR PHYSICAL MAKE-UP
Body shapes can say a lot about an individual’s unique physical make-up which can help determine the best path to success for weight loss and maintenance. Let’s look at some defining characteristics of these different physical make-ups and what they tell you about what’s going on inside your body.
- Fat accumulation in the upper to mid body: Elevated Insulin and cortisol levels.
- Fat storage in the lower body (midriff) and hips: Decreased levels of insulin and cortisol and/or higher levels of estrogen and progesterone (estrogen opposes the action of insulin and cortisol and progesterone opposes the action of cortisol).
- Fat deposits on the back of the arm or leg: Decreased growth hormone or testosterone.
- Fat storage in the breasts and hips: May provide an indication of excess estrogen.
- Men with fat accumulation in the belly and fatty breast tissue: Decreased testosterone and elevated estrogen.
- Apple types: Are often strong insulin secretors should avoid foods that cause large rises in insulin – carbohydrates (especially simple).
- Pear types: Are often less insulin responsive and may not lose weight as effectively with only low carbohydrate intake. Optimizing the other hormones such as growth hormone and testosterone or utilization of the Trim® HCG Detox program may be recommended. Lifestyle modifications and lower calorie intake will support long term success.
- Round face, fat storage in the upper back and neck and decreased muscle mass/flabby body: May confirm issues with cortisol. Elevated cortisol can be reduced by Phosphorylated Serine (spherios), reducing stress, good sleep hygiene, and exercise.
DEFINE YOUR APPROACH BY YOUR BODY TYPE
Do you know if you are an ectomorph, mesomorph, or endomorph? Why does this matter? Different Body Types Women respond differently to both training and nutrition. By looking at your body characteristics and recognizing your Body Types weight loss, you can make a more informed choice about selecting a nutrition and training program that’s right for you.
The Ectomorph Body
The ectomorph body style is fragile and small. The bones are light, joints are small and they carry little lean muscle. The limbs are often long and thin with front drooping shoulders making them even look smaller. They naturally have lower strength and can expect to gain muscle slower but will also not likely gain extra fat.
- Delicate body build
- Flat chested
- Small shouldered
- Difficult to gain muscle
The Mesomorph Body
The bones and muscles of the head are prominent. Features of the face are clearly defined, such as defined cheek bones and a square jaw. The face is long and broad, and is cubicle in shape. Arms and legs are developed and even the digits of the hand are muscled.
- Females have hourglass shape
- Males have a rectangular shape
- Muscular body
- Good posture
- Can add muscle easily
- More at risk of weight gain than ectomorph
The Endomorph Body
Endomorph body is round and soft. The round shape is from the appearance of the majority of the fat located in the abdominal area. Not all endomorph shapes have this central obesity, but it can be an easy distinguishing trait. Endomorphs have shorter arms and legs and therefore usually on the short side.
- Soft body
- Underdeveloped muscles
- Round body habitus
- Can put on weight easily
- Hard to lose weight
- Can add muscle mass easily
- Must pay extra attention to nutrition
Men Versus Women
Yes, men generally have more muscle than women and their hormonal make-ups allow them to lose weight a bit more efficiently, but they have weight problems as well. Men tend to carry weight in the waist and abdomen, which is actually the most dangerous area to carry fat. The fat in this area is mostly visceral fat and is the most detrimental to health and has the highest risk of disease.
Women tend to store fat on the lower Body Types on their hips, thighs and buttocks, giving some women a pear-like shape to their bodies. Women also tend to store fat closer to the surface of their skin (subcutaneous fat) than men do, increasing their tendency to form cellulite. This fat is less associated with disease and is more of a cosmetic issue for women.
Check out this post about hormones and weight loss:
Anti-aging, hormone optimization and peptide therapy
Ready to start looking and feeling your best? Our wellness staff is ready to assist you. Call (727) 230-1438 or CLICK HERE to contact us for an appointment in our office located at 26212 US Hwy 19, in Clearwater, Florida.
About Priority You MD
Priority You MD provides personalized, integrative healthcare for general wellness, anti-aging, athletic performance and weight management as well as more complex medical issues. In addition, our facility also provides aesthetic services and fitness training. Combining diet, nutrition and exercise with evidence based medicine and preventative therapies, our goal is to help our patients achieve and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
Priority You MD utilizes IV therapy protocols from Trim® Nutrition. These proprietary nutrient injections are formulated by doctors and compounding pharmacists who use the highest quality materials and follow strict manufacturing protocols in a class 10,000 compounding facility.
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, Trim® Nutrition and Priority You MD’s clinical staff of physicians, pharmacists, registered nurses, and research and development specialists are dedicated to the mission of Making Bodies Better™.