Weight management issues, low energy and fatigue are just a few indicators of Metabolic Distress. Correcting a depressed metabolism is a vital step towards better overall health and wellness.
Metabolism is the chemical processes occurring within a living cell or organism that are necessary for the maintenance of life. A healthy Metabolic Wellness drive is extremely important to your overall health. When metabolism is negatively affected, the body responds with damage and dysfunction.
Every system and process in the body relies on energy and more specifically, Metabolic Distress. When the body does not have the necessary energy to power these processes, the body will start to malfunction. You can think of this at every level of body function. If the brain does not have necessary energy there will be signs of malfunction such as memory impairment, sluggish cognition, and decreased focus. If the gastrointestinal system does not have enough energy it will result in bowel irregularities and other disease. These are the basic fundamentals in the importance of metabolic energy.
Any one or combination of unhealthy lifestyle habits such as poor eating, obesity, smoking, lack of exercise, lack of sleep, drug abuse, increased stress, and medication overuse can result in Metabolic Distress dysfunction and result in disease. Factors that result in poor metabolism open the door for a cascade of events that throw people into a dangerously vicious cycle that is difficult to break.
Symptoms of Low Metabolic Energy
Although many of the symptoms below seem unrelated, they may all stem from the same root problem of low metabolic energy.
- GENERAL: Low body temperature. Coldness. Low energy or fatigue. Weight issues. Slow healing.
- BRAIN: Depression and/or anxiety. Poor memory, focus or concentration. Sleep disorders.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM: Under-reactive or over-reactive; that is, frequent infections (skin, sinus, bladder, bowel and yeast problems); allergies; auto-immune disease.
- MUSCULOSKELETAL: Fatigue, fibromyalgia (muscle or joint pains); generalized aches and pains; repetitive use injury and carpal tunnel syndrome. Weak connective tissues (ligaments, bones, etc.); headaches.
- SEXUAL: Loss of libido and function; menstrual disorders; infertility.
- VASCULAR: Low blood pressure; high blood pressure; Raynaud’s disease.
- BOWELS: Constipation; gas or bloating; digestive disorders; irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- NERVOUS SYSTEM: Numbness of hands and/or feet (usually symmetrical); dulling or loss of senses such as vision, taste or smell.
- SKIN: Dry; pallor in light skin, darkening or dark patches in dark skin; acne.
- HAIR: Brittle, falling, coarse, dry or oily.
Metabolic dysfunction and inflammation
Metabolic Shutdown is a multi-factorial condition created by a host of causes, but ultimately a result of inflammation. While some factors that causes of inflammation are cannot be prevented, many are avoidable and can be controlled.
- Sleep irregularities
- Hormone Imbalances
- Poor diet and nutrition deficiencies
- Immune dysfunction
- Drug abuse
- Lack of exercise
- Genetic predisposition
- Environmental exposures
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
The best way to restore metabolic energy—is to correct the underlying problem. Common root causes include poor thyroid function, poor adrenal function and hormonal imbalance. Restoring metabolic energy helps the body help itself, letting the self-repair mechanisms function well again and restore health.
Check out this post about hormones and weight loss:
Ready to start looking and feeling your best? Our wellness staff is ready to assist you. Call (727) 230-1438 or CLICK HERE to contact us for an appointment in our office located at 26212 US Hwy 19, in Clearwater, Florida.
About Priority You MD
Priority You MD provides personalized, integrative healthcare for general wellness, anti-aging, athletic performance and weight management as well as more complex medical issues. In addition, our facility also provides aesthetic services and fitness training. Combining diet, nutrition and exercise with evidence based medicine and preventative therapies, our goal is to help our patients achieve and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
Priority You MD utilizes IV therapy protocols from Trim® Nutrition. These proprietary nutrient injections are formulated by doctors and compounding pharmacists who use the highest quality materials and follow strict manufacturing protocols in a class 10,000 compounding facility.
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, Trim® Nutrition and Priority You MD’s clinical staff of physicians, pharmacists, registered nurses, and research and development specialists are dedicated to the mission of Making Bodies Better™.