At Priority You MD, we use Color Genetic Testing
Our genetic tests focus on genes associated with an increased risk for common hereditary cancers and hereditary high cholesterol – disorders where early knowledge can potentially make a difference.
How it works:
- Get a Kit — Purchase a test kit from our office. You may pick it up or we can ship it to your home. Provide a saliva sample and mail it to the Color lab.
- Get your results — Your results will include your risk for selected hereditary disorders along with personalized screening guidelines.
- Talk to a counselor — A board-certified genetic counselor will help answer your questions and discuss next steps.
- Create a health plan — Schedule an appointment with us. We will go over your results and create a screening and management plan with you.
- Get ongoing support — After you get your results, we’ll update you with any changes to your guidelines, risk information, or variant classification.
Benefits: Genetic testing is powerful because it’s personal
- Color testing calculates risk for selected hereditary disorders using your genetic profile along with input from your personal and family history.
- Personalized screenings — Based on this risk profile, we may recommend you adjust your screening schedule, such as earlier and more frequent mammograms.
- Care for your family — Hereditary disorders run in families, so your results could help your loved ones learn more about their own health risks.
- Affordable — Color provides quality, advanced, clinical-grade testing at a fraction of the price of other labs
Hereditary Cancer Test. $250 — Analysis of 30 genes associated with an increased risk for common hereditary cancers
BRCA Test $149 — Analysis of BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes which are associated with an increased risk for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
Ordering: Simply call our office and we will order a test kit for you – please note that you do not need to be a pre-existing patient to have hereditary cancer testing